Geomagic Design X
YOUR FASTEST PATH FROM SCAN-TO-CAD
Geomagic Design X, the most comprehensive reverse engineering software,
combines history-based CAD with 3D scan data processing.
- True Hybrid Modeler
- Sophisticated Curve and Sketch Tools
- Best-in-class Mesh Operations
- Accuracy Analyzer
- Align Wizard
- Seamless Data Transfer
Reverse engineer physical parts into digital parametric CAD models
Geomagic® Design X™, the industry's most comprehensive reverse engineering software, combines history-based CAD with 3D scan data processing so you can create feature-based, editable solid models compatible with your existing CAD software.
POWERFUL AND FLEXIBLE
Geomagic Design X is purpose-built for converting 3D scan data into high-quality feature-based CAD models. It does what no other software can with its combination of automatic and guided solid model extraction, incredibly accurate exact surface fitting to organic 3D scans, mesh editing and point cloud processing. Now, you can scan virtually anything and create manufacturing-ready designs.
ENHANCE YOUR CAD ENVIRONMENT
Seamlessly add 3D scanning into your regular design process so you can do more and work faster. Geomagic Design X complements your entire design ecosystem, with native output to SOLIDWORKS®, Siemens NX®, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor®, PTC Creo® and Pro/ENGINEER® using the patented LiveTransfer technology. This enables very rapid transition of your scanned model into the mainstream CAD environment that you use.
View LiveTransfer Video
ACCELERATE TIME TO MARKET
Shave days or weeks from product idea to finished design. Scan prototypes, existing parts, tooling or related objects, and create designs in a fraction of the time it would take to manually measure and create CAD models from scratch.
BROADEN YOUR DESIGN CAPABILITIES
Instead of starting from a blank screen, start from data created by the real world. Geomagic Design X is the easiest way to create editable, feature-based CAD models from a 3D scanner and integrate them into your existing engineering design workflow.
DO THE IMPOSSIBLE
Create products that cannot be designed without reverse engineering, customized parts that require a perfect fit with the human body. Create components that integrate perfectly with existing products. Recreate complex geometry that cannot be measured any other way.
True Hybrid Modeler
Geomagic Design X is a truly comprehensive 3D scan data processing application that offers parametric solid modeling capabilities, NURBS surfacing capabilities, and a hybrid modeling process that utilizes both capabilities for the creation of parametric CAD models that contain freeform features.
- Solid Features: extrude, sweep, revolve, pipe, thicken, draft, round with various radii, chamfer, hollow (shell), linear/circular/curve pattern, Boolean modeling
- High quality hole filling for water tight mesh models
- Surface Features: drape, blend, extrude, revolve, sweep, loft, ruled, offset, mirror, fill face, extend, trim/untrim, match, heal
- Modeling history management (feature rebuild, reroute & reorder)
- Parametric feature management
Sophisticated Curve and Sketch Tools
Geomagic Design X provides users with highly sophisticated curve/sketch tools so that users can extract sketch profiles and feature curves from mesh automatically for comprehensive reverse modeling.
- Automatic extraction of sketch profiles and feature curves from mesh
- Automatic dimensioning & constraining
- Variety of 2D drafting tools
- Comprehensive 3D curve design tools
- Intelligent real-time geometry recognition
- Curvature-based curve network design
- Automatic organizing curve network
Best-in-class Mesh Operations
Geomagic Design X produces Class-A meshes in a single step. The mesh models created by Geomagic Design X can be directly used as input data for target CAE and CAM software for reverse engineering or manufacturing. Geomagic Design X features a powerful mesh optimization tool that creates a mesh from 3D scan data that meets the specific requirements for CAE.
- Instant mesh optimization for direct use in RP, CAM & CAE
- Detail resolution controls (decimate & subdivide)
- Mesh smoothness controls (global & subdivide)
- Automatic re-meshing for CAE functional models
- Comprehensive interactive mesh region editing tools
- Advanced mesh modeling& optimization
Global remesh, remove, de-feature, hole filing, fix boundary, smooth boundary, fit boundary, fit region to analytic shape, split & trim, divide, thicken, offset are some of advanced mesh operations available.
- Polygonal mesh deviation (comparison with original scan data and previous step model)
- Sketch/ Curve/Surface /Solid deviation (comparison with original scan data)
- Geometric property analysis (curvature, continuity, quality, normal vector, etc)
- Redesign within user-defined allowable tolerances
- Automatic and real-time error visualization
- Diverse object sensitive analysis tools
Geomagic Design X includes the Align Wizard™, a proprietary tool that intelligently identifies the coordinate system in a file that the original designer had used. The user can either choose the coordinate system recommended by the Align Wizard™, or manually determine the coordinate system that is believed to be the most appropriate for the part by using an intuitive coordinate system setup tool
- Wizard for aligning 3D scan data to an ideal design coordinate system
- Highly interactive toolset for coordinate alignment
- Quick fit, best fit, 3-2-1, Datum, By Ref. coordinates, etc
Seamless Data Transfer
- Transfer output model with full history to CAD system
- Export models in a variety of standard file formats
Geomagic Design X complements your entire design ecosystem, with native output to SOLIDWORKS®, Siemens NX®, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor®, PTC Creo® and Pro/ENGINEER® using the patented LiveTransfer technology. This enables very rapid transition of your scanned model into the mainstream CAD environment that you use.
(Options for processing 3D scan data into surfaced and solid models for downstream use in major MCAD systems and other software with Geomagic Design X)